Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mantaaaaaa!

Big excitement! Shortly after we started descending, a Manta Ray came to see what all this agitation was about, and circled us for almost ten minutes.

The viz was rather good, so our group was spread over quite an area, and the Manta came over every single diver, more than once. We had all leisure to examine it, and the six Remoras that accompanied it.

This was really a good start of a dive that will remain in everyone's memory.



I didn't have my camera with me, so I'm relying on Gavin's generosity for the pictures in this post. One advantage to that is that for once there's a pic of me (hello Mom!) :

Gavin's mastery of the underwater colours is outstanding. Here is one of his pics, taken around 12m depth, using only natural light (no external lighting):



Stay tuned for more diving news, don't hold your breath,

Daniel     ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment